Editable spelling lists are perfect for differentiated spelling centers. Organizing spelling activities for all your groups can take a long time but it’s easy to reduce your planning time with editable templates.
This pack of editable spelling lists and forty-nine spelling activities
By using the included spelling visual, students begin to understand that learning spelling is more than just writing a word over and over. They need to understand how the word is structured to become better spellers.
How it works
Using the visual as a guide, students look at the word.
This involves more than looking at its shape. The included spelling visual encourages students to look for patterns or little words within the focus word. They say the word and tap out the sounds they hear. Tapping the sounds allows students to hear the phonemes that make up the word rather than seeing the word as a single unit.
The visual is then used to cover the word while your students write it on their activity sheet.
Use the other side of the visual for spelling words with two or more syllables.
Plan your weekly spelling
You can plan your spelling list for the term using the editable template. Plus you can add your sentences for dictation. Spelling dictation allows your students to practice newly learned word in context. It also provides the opportunity to review older spelling words.
Don’t have your own list and not sure which words to use?
Use the included links to Dolch and Fry sight word lists. Plus in the pack, you’ll find word lists for one syllable words based on their phonetic structure. There’s also a link to a spelling strategies website.
Easily assess your student’s spelling
Assess and monitor your students’ progress using the editable spelling lists and grading sheets. Your lists can be for up to 20 words.
You can easily print off a spelling list for your students and send them home. The list includes a space to write the child’s test scores too.
How does it work?
- Simply download the pack and open in Adobe Reader.
- Choose between 10, 12, 15 or 20 list words. Use your own words or the included spelling lists for one syllable words.
- Type your list words in once and they will auto-fill on every activity sheet and student word list.
- Test your students’ spelling using the included spelling test templates.
- Record your students’ progress on the grading sheet. You can even use the teacher spelling list template to organize your words for the term. They’re p
erfectfor printing and placing in your teacher binder.
- spelling list ideas for one syllable words
- editable spelling list templates for teachers to organize their spelling for the term
- spelling test templates
- student spelling lists
- grading sheets
- 49 activities sheets (your list words are auto populated on each sheet)
- a spelling visual to help your students learn their words not just memorize them
If you’d love a set of motivating spelling activities to help your class master their spelling you can purchase the pack from my Teachers Pay Teachers store
Leave a Reply