The fraction worksheets for first grade do not use the fraction symbol to avoid early confusion over fractions.
Teach and consolidate the following fraction concepts:
Equal or Unequal (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children develop an understanding that fractions are equal parts as they identify equal and unequal parts.
1. Cut and paste the shapes into the correct columns.
2. Color the shapes that show equal parts.
Wholes and Halves (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children develop an understanding of halves through partitioning shapes into two equal pieces and sorting halves and wholes.
1. Partition the Shapes
2. Cut and paste the fraction cards into the correct columns.
3. Color one half of each shape.
4. Interactive notebook – Children partition the shapes into halves.
Quarters/Fourths (CCSS 1.G.A.3)
Children are introduced to quarters. These worksheets help them identify quarters, partition shapes into quarters, and identify quarters, halves and wholes in a set. Equivalence is also introduced.
1. Partition the shapes into quarters.
2. Color the shapes that show quarters.
3. Color 1 quarter of each shape.
4. Cut and paste the shapes into the correct columns.
5. Interactive notebook – Children partition the shapes into quarters.
6. Cut and paste fractions of a set using wholes, halves and quarters.
7. Color the pictures to match the fractions (fractions of a set).
8. Color 1 half and 2 quarters and record the findings. (Equivalence of fractions)
9. Identify the pictures that have half of the shape colored and record the ways the fraction can be written. (Equivalence of fractions)
Here’s what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “Love, love, love this resource. Used almost every single page.” Michelle C.
♥ “Great for helping students with fractions! I used with two different sets of 1st graders and both the students and myself loved it! Very user friendly and creative.” Taylor Voss
♥ “Fantastic fraction activity & printables packet, perfect for classroom, review, & homework…thanks for creating & sharing.” Special Ed Shenanigans
2 MB | 17 pages Downloadable PDF
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. email@example.com