These 15 engaging and effective multiplication strategy games require students to fold over the strategy section of the game before play. During play, they can open this section if they need help applying the strategy. Parents can also use this section to read about the strategy.
Your kids get extra practice at home by writing their number facts on the included recording sheet as they land on them during the game.
You’ll love using these multiplication strategy games in math centers too.
The games and strategies included are:
- Multiplying by 0 and 1 – the answer is always zero – 0x; the answer is the number you multiplied – 1x
- Multiplying by 2 – relating to the doubles addition facts
- Multiplying by 3 – counting on threes
- Multiplying by 4 – Double the double
- Multiplying by 5 – two games are given, one that focuses on counting in 5s, the other relating the five times table to a clock face
- Multiplying by 6 –no strategy is given but the strategy section highlights the fact that if you know your 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10 times tables there are only 3 facts to learn
- Multiplying by 7 –no strategy is given but the strategy section highlights the fact that if you know your 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 times tables there are only 2 facts to learn
- Multiplying by 8 –no strategy is given but the strategy section highlights the fact that if you know your 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 times tables there is only 1 fact to learn
- Multiplying by 9 – two strategies are given; using fingers and the sum of the digits equaling nine
- Multiplying by 10 – relating to place value
The above games all cover facts 1x – 10x (no 11x or 12x tables are included in these games)
- Multiplying by 11 – doubling the digits or adding the outside digits
- Multiplying by 12 – breaking the equation onto 10x + 2x
PLUS a mixture of strategies
- Mixed Multiplication to 10
- Mixed Multiplication to 12
All games are in black and white to save on printing costs making them perfect to paste in homework or morning workbooks.
Here’s what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “Great resource! Easy to use, kids love the games, provides great review in a fun way!” Stacy T.
♥ “This is such a great resource for practicing math facts. I’m using it for homework and Daily 3.” Jodie G.
♥ “This will be a great resource. We are using math running records to teach math facts. This is perfect!.” Cyndy F.
23MB | 19 pages Downloadable PDF
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. firstname.lastname@example.org