Each vowel digraph sound has:
– A poster with six illustrated examples of each word.
– A poster with a list of either ‘oo’ words as in book or ‘oo’ words as in zoom.
– 1 title card and up to 11 illustrated words for a word wall.
– 2 recording sheets for use with the charts are also supplied.
Worksheets (17 in total)
Six worksheets are provided for each individual vowel digraph sound covering a range of skills:
– Read and Draw – This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
– Read and Highlight – Students roll the die, read one sentence, and then use a highlighter to identify the vowel digraph in focus.
– Spell the Word – Students spell the word by coloring the letters it contains
– Missing Letters – To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the vowel digraph in focus.
– Find the Word – Students identify the word and then write it in the matching word box. (answer key provided)
– Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the word on the sheet and color it.
Five worksheets that focus on both ‘oo’ sounds are also provided:
– ‘oo’ Words – Students say each picture and then determine the sound it has and write it in the appropriate place.
– Word Sort – Students sort the digraphs into the appropriate column.
– Roll and Read – Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing each vowel digraph.
– Three in a Row – In this game for one or two players, students must identify the sound ‘oo’ makes. A recording sheet is also provided.
– Spin and Write – Students read each word and then determine which sound it has and color it in the correct color (answer key provided)
Here’s what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “I love these. I have been out of the classroom at trainings a lot this year and these worksheets are great, engaging way for my students to practice their phonics independently.” Julie Halton
♥ “Great resource for use with my littles to review learned skills.” Elizabeth L.
♥ “Everything I need in one!!!” Courtney S.
6 MB | 35 pages Downloadable PDF
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. Peta@teachingtrove.com