Each diphthong has:
– A poster with six illustrated examples of each word.
– A poster with a list of either ‘ow’ or ‘ou’ words.
– 1 title card and 11 illustrated words for a word wall.
– 2 recording sheets for use with the charts are also supplied.
Worksheets (18 in total)
Six worksheets are provided for each individual diphthong covering a range of skills:
1. Read and Draw – This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
2. Read and Highlight – Students roll the die, read one sentence, and then use a highlighter to identify the diphthong in focus.
3. Spell the Word – Students spell the word by coloring the letters it contains
4. Missing Letters – To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the diphthong in focus.
5. Find the Word – Students identify the word and then write it in the matching word box.
6. Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the word on the sheet and color it.
Six worksheets that focus on both ‘ow’ and ‘ou’ words are also provided:
1. ‘ow’ or ‘ou’ – Students say each picture and then determine whether it has an ‘ow’ or ‘ou’ diphthong and write it in the appropriate place.
2. Word Sort – Students sort the diphthongs into the appropriate column.
3. Roll and Read – Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing each diphthong.
4. Three in a Row – In this game for one or two players, students must identify which words are spelled with ‘ow’ and which with ‘ou’. A recording sheet is also provided.
5. Spin and Write – This advanced word work activity focuses on spelling. In order to complete the spelling of a word, students spin a diphthong and write it on the word wall in the correct place.
6. Match the Words – Students are introduced to homophones with this worksheet. Students must color the homophone pairs in the same color and then write a sentence for each.
Here’s what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “So cute. I love the variety of activities. I refer to the posters all of the time and so do my students. Thanks!” Kelly S.
♥ “This is fantastic! Everything I needed….all in one packet! :)” Patricia Moore
♥ “These were great for review with my more independent students.” Keri E.
6 MB | 38 pages Downloadable PDF
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. Peta@teachingtrove.com