Each sound is represented on its own poster, is highlighted within the word and has a visual prompt for that word. There are 5 – 6 illustrated examples of each phonics sound.
You can put the posters up on the wall for students to refer to while they are learning about the focus blend, digraph, trigraph or diphthong or laminate and place in a binder for students to look through and practice.
This pack covers the following 71 blends, digraphs, trigraphs or diphthongs:
sh, ch, th, wh, ph, kn, wr, qu, nd, ng, nt, nk, mp, lf, ft, ck, sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr, scr, shr, spl, spr, squ, str, thr, ee, ea, ai, ay, aw, au, ow (2), ou, oa, oo (2), ew, ue, oi, oy, ey, ar, or(2), er, ir, ur, ear, a-e, i-e, o-e and u-e.
Also included are 15 recording sheets to use with your phonic posters making them perfect to use in a literacy station. The first seven recording sheets in the pack should be used with a single poster while the remaining eight sheets can be used with two or more posters.
Recording sheets include:
1. Write and illustrate words and write a sentence.
2. Spin and write words from a chart. Write a sentence.
3. Interactive notebook. Write the word, illustrate and write a sentence.
4. Write the word, write it in fancy letters, count vowels and consonants, and write a rhyming word.
5 & 6. One or two player game – spin the word, read and color it.
7. Word Riddle – Pick a word and write three clues. On the inside of the sheet write the word and draw a picture.
8. Write 3, 4, 5, and 6 letter words.
9. Alphabetical order
10. Game for 2 players – list words, take it in turns to roll the die and read the word.
11. 1, 2 and 3 syllable words
12. Short and long vowel sounds.
13. Find verbs on the phonics posters.
14. List words that begin with or end with the given letters.
15. Find words on the poster that can be placed in the given sentences.
You may also like:
Here's what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “Love these word family posters. I really like that many of the words have a picture to help the students understand what each word in the word family means. I also like the compact size so I can fit a lot of them in a small space.” Stephanie N.
♥ “This pack is full of great posters to use with your children! I am a resource teacher for Kindergarten through Second Grade. I work with struggling readers who usually have difficulty sounds, so I laminated these and use them daily! This is a great resource to help with that!” Shawna L.
♥ “I loved these! There are so many word families! I like the font and choice of thickness of the letters. Also, I like that there are pictures next to the words (helpful to the ESL students). Great job!” Shelley Salin.
67 pages Downloadable ZIP
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. firstname.lastname@example.org