• Are you looking for fun and engaging and easy to implement word family activities?
• Do you want your kids to learn how to combine individual phonemes together to create meaningful words?
• Do you want to have an abundance of word family center activities that are fun and motivating and incorporate a multisensory approach?
• Do you want your kids to love interactive activities like play dough and letter tiles, posters and games, interactive worksheets that really get them excited about reading?
These activities were designed to help my struggling readers who were becoming frustrated with their difficulties learning sight words. I needed to give their confidence a boost because once young children label themselves as a poor reader it is so much harder to break that thought pattern. Seeing their excitement when they realize that if they can read the chunk ‘at’ they can also read cat, bat and rat’ is priceless!
The following 19 word families are covered: ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, ed, en, et, ig, in, ip, it, og, op, ot, ub, ug, and un. Introduce one each week.
This word families pack contains:
• 19 word family posters – Use the wall posters as a wall display or bind the posters together to use when doing whole class or group work. Recording sheets are included to use with the posters.
• 19 playdough mats – These have kid friendly instruction cards to use with either playdough or wikki sticks.
• 19 word-picture match cards – Picture match cards can be used as both an individual activity and a group game.
• 55 board games – This set of games helps reinforce each short vowel group.
• 114 worksheets – 6 for each word family.
• Word sorts – Title cards and recording sheets for each word family is provided.
• Flash cards – Use as a wall display using only CVC or both CVC and CCVC words. The cards can be combined to make a flip book, used in the board game ‘Snap’, in the word sort or in the game ‘Memory Match’.
• Jigsaw puzzles – Children can use the jigsaw puzzles as both an individual activity and a group game. Recording sheets are included for children to use after making the jigsaws.
• Word family Shake Up – an individual or group activity.
• “Which Word Won” – use as either an individual activity or a group game.
Here’s what teachers who have used this pack have said:
♥ “I am so excited to use this in my classroom!! It was like Christmas morning when I found your resource! Thank you so much for spending the time to make it. My students with exceptionalities will definitely benefit from all of the great applications this bundle includes. THANK YOU!” Jennifer Soos.
♥ “What an amazing set! This will give my students lots of word work choices for centers. I know they are going to love it! Thank you.” Kathie G.
♥ “Love Teaching Trove materials. They’re easy to use and engaging.” Kristin L.
136 MB | 700+ pages Downloadable PDF
This product is for A SINGLE USER ONLY. That means that copying or sharing any part of this product with another teacher, grade level, school, department, district, etc is strictly prohibited. You have the option to purchase multiple licenses (at a discount) for each additional person/classroom with whom you wish to share this product. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
© All rights reserved. firstname.lastname@example.org